I am an Information Technology Professional with an MSc in Computer Network Management and a BTech in Mathematics & Computer Science together with 4 years proven and practical experience in Hardware, Networking, Systems administration and support.
I have excellent customer service and outstanding communication skills as well as organizational and analytical skills.
Experienced in working as part of a team to Deploy and support the IT infrastructure of organizations as well as to provide technical support to its staff or customers. I am currently seeking a professional role that will fully utilise my expertise and challenge me to develop further.I am an Information Technology Professional with an MSc in Computer Network Management and a BTech in Mathematics & Computer Science together with 4 years proven and practical experience in Hardware, Networking, Systems administration and support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- MSc in Computer Network Management – Middlesex University, London (Sept 2010 – Sept 2011)
- BTech in Mathematics & Computer Science – Federal University of Technology, Minna (Mar 2003 – Sept 2008)
- Cisco Certified Network Administration (CCNA) – In View
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Windows Server 2008 (June 2014)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) – Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) – Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration (December 2013)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) – Windows 7, Configuration (April 2012)
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) – Oracle 10g Database Administration (Dec 2007)
- Fibre optic Broadband Support Training – TalkTalk Business FTTC Training (Oct 2013)
- AppleCare Helpdesk Support Training – IOS Support Training (July 2012)
- Voice and Broadband Support Training – TalkTalk Business Technical Support Training (Jan 2012)
- British Telecom Certificate of Learning – Broadband Fault Diagnostics (Jan 2012)
Network Engineer – Contec Global, Enugu. (May 2015 – Date)
At Contec global, I work as a Network Engineer under the NIS CERPAC project and my duties include the following:
- Planning and design of the physical network topology at the Enugu branch office.
- Deployment and configuration of network infrastructures.
- Installation and configuration of IBM server, Cisco router, hp switch, APC UPS amongst others.
- Server and desktop hardware maintenance.
- Installation and configuration of Fargo printer for Biometric card production.
- Monitoring of the network to enable maximum uptime.
- Routine backup of database files.
- Training of NIS officers to use IT infrastructures to produce and verify green cards for
ICT Support Personnel – TippyToes KidCare, Abuja. (Nov 2014 – April 2014)
At TippyToes KidCare, I work as an ICT Support personnel and my duties include planning, implementing, administering and managing the IT infrastructures of the organization. These are some of my achievements so far:
- Testing and verification of the effectiveness of the Ethernet LAN infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented the Network infrastructures used by the organization.
- Planned, designed and implemented the IP addressing scheme used by the organization.
- Installation, configuration and administration of the Netgear switches and Cisco 1800 router.
- Configuration and administration of the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance.
- Deployment and configuration of Ubiquiti wireless Access points.
- Installation, configuration and administration of the HP ProLiant dl360 Gen-8 Server.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Windows server 2008 and several server
roles like DNS, DHCP, File and Share services.
- Installation, configuration and administration of “Procare”, a bespoke Database system for school administration.
- Installation, configuration and administration of the Smartvue servers for CCTV monitoring.
- Configuration of the Axis and Asus indoor and outdoor cameras for video surveillance.
- Deployment and configuration of Suprema Access control systems for bio-metric access
- Deployment and installation of “Smart boards” for a collaborative learning experience for kids.
- Deployment and configuration of 20 desktop computers and 3 network printers.
- Installation of desktop applications like Microsoft office and other bespoke applications.
- Training teachers to effectively use the IT infrastructures provided by the organization.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ADVISOR – SITEL UK (Jan 2012 – Jan 2014)
I worked as a Technical Support Advisor under the Talk-Talk business campaign in a team that reports to the Contract Team manager. My primary duties included:
- Resolving technical issues experienced by customers who use voice, broadband (Fibre, LLU and BT Wholesale), Email and other contract specific services.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing the customers’ technical issues by thoroughly analysing their copper line, broadband service and account information then resolve or escalate using the ticketing systems available to me.
- Fibre optic broadband configuration, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Analysing broadband diagnostics information such as sync status, authentication logs, card status, speed test results, session status, Line history, DLM status, usage statistics and DSL Data.
- Router configuration of most brands e.g. Technicolor, Netgear, Cisco Linksys, D-link, Belkin, TP-Link, Asus, Draytek etc.
- Email configuration – Setting up incoming and outgoing server address details on all Email clients and mobile devices.
- Participating in the training of new agents by mentoring them and occasionally taking “manager’s” call.
APPLECARE HELPDESK SUPPORT ADVISOR – TELEPERFORMANCE UK (July 2012 – Oct 2012)
I worked as an AppleCare IOS Helpdesk Support Advisor where I provided technical support to Apple customers who use devices that run the IOS software. My duties included:
- Directing and educating customers on steps to take to solve problems they experience while using their Apple IOS devices i.e. IPads, IPhones and IPods.
- Assisting Apple customers in Syncing, troubleshooting, restoring, and updating their IOS devices using ITunes and ICloud.
- Assisting in the configuration of Mails, Phone, Messenger, Facetime, Wi -Fi, Calendar, ICloud, Apple ID, ITunes and other Apps used on IOS devices. – Also advised Apple customers on ways to use their IOS devices with other Apple and non-Apple devices.
- Making use of Resources such as Apple support knowledge base, Apple website support pages and IDesk ticketing system to educate and support customers as well as call logging.
- Making use of the Probe, Analyse, Isolate and Resolve (PAIR) process. This involves probing customers by asking questions to determine specific problem issues and gaining agreement on the issue. Analysing the issue using answers provided by the customer, isolating the issue and finally resolving the issue using the resources available to me.
NYSC CORPER – NNPC ABUJA (March 2009 – March 2010)
As an NYSC Corper in NNPC, I was assigned to the Information Systems Department where I worked as part of the IT Helpdesk Team and carried out the following duties:
- Provided technical support to the staff of the corporation in the form of Network troubleshooting (TCP/IP administration), hardware installation, software installation, Windows Desktop administration and troubleshooting.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite to carry out various administrative duties as and when required.
- Partaking in administrative tasks such as receiving, recording, filing and dispatching of company documents.
IT INTERN – FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE, ABUJA (April 2007 – Sept 2007)
During my internship program, I worked in the IT department and carried out the following duties:
- Hardware and software installation, administration and maintenance. Windows desktop support and administration.
- LAN and TCP/IP troubleshooting. Network administration of Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections.
- Training some staff of the ministry to use Microsoft office suite and other software applications used by the ministry.
- TELECOMS: Voice, ADSL and Fibre Broadband Support. Broadband diagnostics systems such as TalkTalk business Portal, Supportal and BT Wholesale management platform.
- NETWORKING/PROTOCOLS: configuration, administration and troubleshooting of the following: ADSL, LAN, ATM, ISDN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, SMTP, POP, IMAP, SNMP, BGP, FTP, ICMP, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, NAT and Ethernet.
- OPERATING SYSTEMS: Installation, configuration and support of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, Mac OSX and IOS 7.
- HARDWARE/ ROUTERS: Technicolor, Netgear, Cisco Linksys, D-link, Belkin, TP-Link, Asus, Draytek, Laptops & Workstations, Network Interface Cards, Memory, Printers, Scanners & other peripherals.
- SOFTWARE: Windows Server 2008, Active Directory Domain Services, Oracle Database 10g, Ubuntu server, Dice CRM, Remedy CRM, Apple Idesk CRM, Opnet modeller and wireshark.
- Good knowledge of HTML, SQL and Mysql.
- Linux and Windows desktop and Server support.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with people at all levels of the organization such as the staff, clients, Partners and customers with an understanding of their diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service skills which involves listening and understanding the customers’ needs, then delivering effective solutions so as to maintain strong customer loyalty.
- Ability to work as a mentor or as part of a team with multidisciplinary skills to optimise individual contributions and overall team performance.
- Strong Analytical skills which involve collating, probing, analysing, isolating and evaluating data to prepare and produce results that gives competitive advantage.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills that follows a pragmatic approach to problem solving. I am also able to grasp new ideas, concepts and technology rapidly and utilize them to achieve results in alignment to business strategies.
You can obtain a soft copy of my resume here